Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

The ''Cultured'' Samantha from Holland Village

Few days back, a caller named "Samantha" from Holland Village called in to Radio 91.3.

She was saying people in Holland Village are cultured, and those from the heartlands, those from Toa Payoh, AMK, Bukit Batok(which is where i am!) are not, and should stay in their own area.

She mentioned, we (from the heartlanders) dressed in slippers, shorts and singlets.. and talks loudly in Holland Village.

Personally i go to Holland Village often, reason being it's the nearest from my house, and of course for the food and pubs.

I see nothing wrong with the place, but maybe see problems in the girl's mind/thinking.

You can listen to what she said over HERE.

And i think many people are being angry or upset, over these remarks, and an event of ''1,000 peeps to Holland V in Singlets, Shorts and Slippers Day" was being organized on the Saturday, 9 April 2011 · 11:00am - 12:00pm.
More details : HERE


Holland Village, the cultured place.


3 comments:

  1. HI..first time visiting from Malaysia.. i must ask my son where this Holland village is.. hope the problem is resolved soon..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whahhaa such coincidence, I was just talking about it on my blog! Anyways, like I said on my blog, I think it's just a marketing gimmick lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reanaclaire: Hi, thank you for visiting! Its actually west of Singapore, whereby there are good food, and pubs. =)

    I see your son is in Singapore?
    Regards to him!

    Zazabong: High 5^! =)
    Remember the 'Bear' incident? =P
    Marketing gimmick or not, it already cause some sort of damage. =)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for comment! (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...